Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Meet Children's/MG author N. A. Cauldron

Carpinello's Writing Pages welcomes N. A. Cauldron, an author who lives in a place I've never heard of. Let us know if you have!

First, a bit about N.A. Cauldron:

N. A. Cauldron grew up on the outskirts of modern Cupola. As a young child, she enjoyed listening to the tales told of Cupolian's history. This ultimately led to a successful career as a research historian and her recent authorship of historical fiction. She is an avid herbologist, and spends her free time hunting out and collecting rare herbs for her potion making. She is especially fond of the snaggled tooth humpmoss, and has been known to spend weeks at a time on fungal expeditions.

Why did you pick to write books for Middle Grade readers?

We do things differently in Cupola. Our textbooks aren't the dry, mundane irritants that earth calls education. I did not write for children or middle grade readers. I wrote for all ages. It's not my fault earth doesn't have a proper genre specification system in place. I assure you that my textbooks are just as informative for adults as they are for children.

What types of books do you like to read?

In browsing through your earthly choices for reading, I found comfort in the children's departments. There was a certain ring of familiarity in the worlds described within your middle grade genres. I've been tempted to visit a few of them myself, but it will have to wait until I have more free time.

When you are not writing, what do you like to do?

I am most interested in the diverse fungal culture my world contains. Although since visiting your realm, I have begun a hobby known as “knitting”. Most extraordinary! It can be difficult to find … “yarn?” here, however, so I have to plan my newly discovered craft around my shopping trips there.

Tell us about Anya and the Secrets of Cupola and how the story came to be.

As you know, I am a research historian for Cupola, and during my research, I discovered previously unknown details surrounding a time just before what we call The Magical Revolution. Although we may have known the broader sense of what caused the Revolution and what the results were, we had no idea that everything I describe in my books ever happened. It was very enlightening. It was my duty to share my findings with others.

Here's a peek at Anya and the Secrets of Cupola:





Deep in the walls of Cupola lies a secret. A 200 year old magical secret. And it's up to Anya and her friends to solve it.

Meet Anya, a twelve year old girl with utterly no direction in life. Meet Taika, her best friend who can make a potion strong enough to cure a weregoblin, but may forget to warn you that it can explode at any moment. And then there's Gevin. Yeah ... well ... Gevin's just Gevin isn't he? These three unlikely heroes will have to brew potions, battle monsters, and even endure the night-of-the-overturned-chicken-stool before discovering the deepest mysteries of Cupola.



Have you written other books? If so, tell us a bit about them.

The second book in the series Anya and the Power Crystal will be released in August 2016. It is available for pre-order now on all on-line book stores as well as my website.

What’s next for your writing? Are you working on a new story?

Currently, I working on Book 3 of the series. There will be a total of four books.

What advice do you have for other authors?

Always get your facts straight. And never embellish unless you have to (blush).

Where can readers find you and your books?

All of the outlets available on your world can be found at http://nacauldron.com.
This includes links to buying Anya and the Secrets of Cupola, as well as my earthly social links such as Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, Facebook, etc.

Anything else you want readers to know?

Yes, our portal will be closing early this year, so if you're interested in visiting, please plan accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. NA Cauldron's writing is well-suited for this age range. She captures the characters in the series in such a way that even today's reader can identify. I especially like that she includes the parents in her stories. So many authors have the kids seemingly off in their own little world with barely a mention of their parents.

    ReplyDelete