Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Meet MG/YA Author Kristy Brown

Today we welcome fellow MuseItUp author Kristy Brown and her MG/YA novel Kiera's Quest - Awakenings to Carpinello's Writing Pages.

First, a bit about Kristy:

I live in the North-East of England, UK. From an early age I had a love of writing, mostly poetry and short stories. I trained and graduated in Performing Arts. After time went by, I wanted to re-visit my real passion. So after my first son was born, I began writing Kiera’s Quest. I live happily with my very supportive husband and my two beautiful boys. I have many ideas for stories! I just wish there were more hours in the day.

Why did you pick to write books for MG/YA?

I guess I’m still a big kid at heart! I found my love of books from an early age through authors such as Roald Dahl, etc. I remember reading The Magic Finger to my grandad.

What types of books do you like to read?

I love MG/YA fantasy. Anything with angels, vamps, witches, magic…A bit like the stuff I write!

When you are not writing, what do you like to do?

Read! Take my kids out. Watch movies. Catch up with my friends.

Tell us about Kiera's Quest and how the story came to be.

Kiera’s Quest -Awakenings is kind of an MG/YA crossover. The entire concept for the first book came from staring at my niece’s doll’s house. I thought what if? You’ll have to read it to see the connection!

Here's a peek at Kiera's Quest:

Meet Kiera, a pretty, intelligent, and talented girl, brought up by her uncle and abandoned by her parents. Life is as normal as she believes it to be, apart from the deep ache inside her, telling her she’s different. For years, Kiera has had dreams where she ventures into a different reality. She’s not alone; a presence is always there, keeping her safe, yet she feels vulnerable, and hunted.



Zakk, Prince of Zantar, is under the Witch Queen’s spell as she tries to take over his world. He crosses paths with Kiera, and their fates are entwined.



As their journey unravels, she learns that she is not the only one affected by this prince. Who is on her side? Will she find out why she has been chosen? How can someone so young, defeat such evil? Will she find the strength to save the ones closest to her? Will this be Kiera’s only quest?

Have you written other books? If so, tell us a bit about them.

Book two in the Kiera’s Quest series is called Sacrifices. Book three Perceptions is out with my publisher MuseItUp in May 2013! Book four is roughly half way to completion.

What’s next for your writing? Are you working on a new story?

When I have completed book four, I would love to write about a completely new concept that I had a dream about! This will be a little darker for the YA audience.

What advice do you have for other authors?

Never give up! There is always someone out there that will believe in your story, as much as you do!

Anything else you want readers to know?

Just a big thank you really, to those who have read and supported! If you like high fantasy- twisted witches, shifters, talking dolls and a slice of teenage angst, you may enjoy my books!

Here's where you can find Kristy and her books:


Twitter

Goodreads

Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.com US



2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Kristy. What a neat cover. The hand makes me wonder if it's good or bad. Your story sounds like a neat idea. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete