Today, Pembroke Castle sits on a hill on the edge of the town of Pembroke. The main entrance for visitors sits on the street. We walk around the entire structure, and at times we are well below the castle walls.
From the top of the battlements, it is easy to imagine we are looking at the land as it might have existed back in 400-500 A.D.
It is from the Great Keep of Pembroke Castle that Gavin first enters the story.
I had envisioned Pembroke Castle being larger than Manorbier Castle (see http://carpinelloswritingpages.blogspot.com/2014/09/manorbier-castle-and-kid-lit-blog-hop-46.html), and I found this to be true upon our visit. Here is the inside of the castle grounds.
Welcome to the 49th Kid Lit Blog Hop where we continue to develop a dynamic and engaged community of children's books bloggers, authors, publishers, and publicists.
This Hop brings you an interview with two YA authors Christopher Mannino and Brae Wyckoff. And, for a special treat, MG/YA author Marva Dasef stops by to talk about what it takes to produce an audio book and has a surprise for readers..
Remember, you are always more than welcome to join us by popping in a post and hopping around to meet some of your fellow Kid Lit bloggers and authors!
*** We are looking for a permanent host who is willing to be part of our regular group. The responsibilities include posting about the Hop, entering your link early in the Hop, and hopping around to between 10 and 15 blogs as ambassadors of the Hop and leaving comments on links entered in the linky list. Please contact me if you are interested. ***
Happy Hopping everyone and enjoy the Hop!
Kid Lit Blog Hop Rules *Please Read*1. We ask that you kindly follow your hosts. You can follow us any way you choose (Email, GFC, Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, etc.), but we've added our preferences below. If you could just give us a quick "follow" or "like" that would be much appreciated! Make sure to leave us a message if you are following us (i.e., on Twitter or Facebook or on our websites) and we will be sure to follow you back. Thanks! :-)
2. Link up any Kid Lit related post. This can be a link to a children’s book review, a discussion about children’s literature/literacy, or a post on a recently-read children’s book or one that you love from your childhood.
* Don't link directly to your blog, it must be a specific post.*
* For Authors, we prefer you to link to your blog if you have one. Please link unique posts each time ~ no repeats please. *
* Make sure you include an image relevant to the POST (e.g., book cover), not your blog button or photo of yourself.*
* Feel free to link more than one post.*
3. Please visit AT LEAST the TWO LINKS directly ahead of your own and leave them some love in the form of a comment. We are trying to build a community of bloggers, readers, parents, authors, and others who are as passionate about children’s literature as we are so please CONNECT and follow any or all of the blogs that interest you!
4. If you like, grab the button above and put it somewhere on your blog, preferably the post you're linking up. If you'd prefer, you can just add a text link back to this Hop so that others can find it and check out all these great book links!
5. It would really help us get the word out about the Kid Lit Blog Hop if you would be so kind as to tweet, share, and spread the word about the Hop!
Interested in co-hosting the Kid Lit Blog Hop? If you've joined us before, you are welcome to join us again! Please email renee @ motherdaughterbookreviews (dot) com and put Co-Hosting Blog Hop in the subject line.